Happy Halloween Card

I think it's time the Halloween inspiration started!  Here's my first Halloween card of the year, I'm sure it won't be the last!


I used papers from Echo Park's Arsenic & Lace collection for my card.  I started off embossing the end of a 6 x 12" piece of patterned paper with Sizzix's Rachel Bright Scrolls & Lace Embossing set.  I lightly inked the raised areas with black soot distress ink, and after drying, highlighted the raised areas with black Stickles.  I trimmed off the paper around the bottom edge of the embossed lace.  The Sizzix Tim Holtz Candlelight die and the Tim Holtz Raven die  were cut out with chipboard.  I applied adhesive backed metal to the candle chipboard before die-cutting.  I distressed the metal slightly, then painted black, persimmon, antique linen paint, wiping off the excess after each application. The raven was painted black, then covered with Black Soot Distress Glitter.
The label was cut out from my paper using Sizzix's Ornate #2 framelit, then edged with black pen.  Before adhering the label to my card, I stamped Happy Halloween (Tim Holtz Carved Halloween CMS197).  I added in a black cardstock piece of the Cobwebs Decorative Strip die-cut before adhering my candle and raven.  I finished off my card with orange ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jan



3 comments

Unknown said...

What a great design Jan! Love the candle!

Mary Elizabeth said...

I am enthralled by this card. Wow! I love the Black Soot Stickles on the raised portions of the lace. You have such a fantastic way of layering embellishments. Love how you backed the raven and web with a label. Awesome effect. Of course ... that candle is absolutely fantastic and the colors are perfect for a Halloween card. Thanks for the inspiration Jan -- Mary Elizabeth

Kelly said...

Hi Jan, I love all the sparkly bits on your card. You know me and Stickles are best friends. Your application of it is perfection. I also like how the black lace peeks out from under the purple front. Very mysterious :D xk

Back to Top