Prima Frame Shadowbox

We just received these Prima Metal Frames at Urban Scrapbook last week, and I could hardly wait to alter one!


So, with some new Prima Stationer's Desk papers, flowers and Sizzix dies this is what I created.


I love the distressed colour of the frame, so I didn't want to completely cover it on the inside. I started off die-cutting two chipboard pieces with Sizzix's Tim Holtz Trellis Frameworks die. Next with my patterned paper, I wanted it the double width for my frame so I folded my paper in half.  When I placed it on my die, I placed the folded edge of paper just before the cutting edge so it wouldn't cut out.  I then glued my chipboard to the back of the paper, clipping a bit off of the chipboard edge so the paper would fit.  I die-cut my matchbook box from patterned paper, inserting the mini heart in the movers and shapers matchbook die before I cut it out.  I inked the edges before gluing together.


After sanding and inking the edges of my Trellis, I randomly applied Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing powder.  I then took a Stationer's Desk small journaling card and embossed it with a Vintaj Moroccan Fresco Embossing folder.  I inked it on the raised areas and edges.  Before adding these pieces, I cut a strip of paper the width of the inside edge, inked it and adhered it all around the inside of the frame.  I adhered the embossed card first to the back of the frame, and then pop-dotted the Trellis next.


Once my back two pieces were in place, I was ready to finish it off.  I stamped on two other journalling cards, (Prima's Stationer's Stamp), inked the edges and adhered to my Trellis.  The ruler was also a stamped image cut out.  I then glued a small metal heart to the inside of my Matchbook box and adhered that on top of the papers.  I then added in a mixture of Prima flowers and Sizzix die-cut Tattered Bigz flowers, Tattered Decorative Strip Flowers and Spring Greenery.


To finish off the inside, I painted and embossed a Prima Resin Butterfly, and adhered that to the corner of the matchbox with pop dots. 


I tied some stained seam binding to the top of my frame and I was finished.  Instead of the journalling cards, you could tuck in a small photo there.  Love making these small shadowboxes, there's one that's shaped like a vintage television that I really like too.

Thanks for stopping by!


Jan



7 comments

Tone M. said...

and it's beautifully altered......really cute

Nicole Wright Designs said...

I love this! I just picked up the TV and Bike today! This frame is on my list! Love all the layers and I was just thinking how I will be adding the matchbook Box!

JanBianchi said...

Very cute...Love this and the Prima....Well done thankyou for sharing.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!!

Petra said...

Such an awesome project, love the vintage look!

BLUEBELL said...

love it ! it's in my favorite colors and shabby look :-)

Betsy Skagen said...

I love these prima products and I love what you did with them!

Back to Top