CSI Challenge and Carta Bella Blog Hop Winner


Sizzix is sponsoring the challenge blog, CSI (Color, Stories, Inspiration) this month, and the Design Team have been invited to participate as guest designers!  For  those of you who have never gone on this site, it's a weekly challenge using "case files".  There's a photo for inspiration (The Scene), a palette of five colors (The Scheme), prompts for elements to be used (The Evidence), and journaling prompts to be used to tell your story (The Testimony).  For those of you who have trouble thinking of ideas for your layouts, this is a great site!  
I participated in this week's case file, #61.


And here's my layout:


I love this color combination!  My background paper was from an older Pink Paislee collection.  The patterned papers were from Prima's Sunset collection, Glitz's Hello Friend, and My Mind's Eye Lost and Found.  I used Sizzix's Tim Holtz Brick Wall decorative strip, On the Edge File Tabs, Sizzix's Thinlits; Butterlies and Flower Vine and Doily and Doily Border and Sizzix's Framelit Fancy Labels 3.
For the "Testimony" I chose to document a dream or aspiration.  We lived on Vancouver Island for two years and during that time, I realized that I loved living by water.  My husband and I would love to retire on the coast someday.  Hmm, I think we need to win the lottery first... oh well, at least I can dream about it!  The photo with the house on the edge of the water was actually a luxury tent that we stayed in, last summer on our holidays.  It was amazing!  There was a long boardwalk that went through the trees to get to each tent.  I would love to wake up each morning with a view like that! 

                        

My Evidence elements were butterflies, something hanging (the Tim Holtz word band), rub-ons (Kaiser), buttons, gold accents, and string.  My large butterfly was cut out with the Sizzix Easter Elements Bigz die and the small butterflies were from Sizzix's mini movers and shapers Butterfly set.
I used vellum and Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel and just a bit of Lindy's Stamp Gang Terra Cotta Plum embossing powder.  The chipboard ruler, small frame and doily were from Teresa Collin's collection, He Said, She Said.


For the photo in this frame, I printed it on Vellum.  I was going for a light dreamy look, not sure if that's what it looks like, but I like the see-through effect.  My sticker letters were from Basic Grey, Kaiser flowers, My Mind's Eye baker's twine and the spray I used on the background was my own mixture of Dylusions Orange, and Ranger Perfect Pearl Biscotti, and little bit of pink.
I hope you check out the CSI site and join in, there's lot of inspiration and some great prizes!

Speaking of prizes, here is the winner of the Carta Bella Paper blog hop!



Thank you to everyone who took part and left a comment here in Carta Bella's blog hop.
       A big congrats to  





                                     Oh so SWEET! LOVE this layout - and the darling pictures!!!


Thanks to the random number generator, #63 was chosen and you are the lucky winner of a current Carta Bella Paper Collection Kit of your choice.  Please send me an email (jan.roxy49@gmail.com) with your name, address and which collection kit you would like to receive!


Thanks again everyone, for stopping by and leaving a comment!


Jan

1 comment

Anna-Karin said...

Such a pretty layout Jan! Love the embossed butterflies and all the layers. I'd love to live by the sea too. Perfect topic and photos for the case file. Thank you for playing along!

Back to Top